Movie Opener Brainstorming & Research

1. Rise

Observations: 

I saw a lot different shots and camera angles
I really liked the the title and introducing sequence 
The different shots and angles of one movement is really interesting and innovative.
The sound bridge used in the opener is really creative as well

Contribution to my opener:

I think I am going to use the differing camera angles that show one action. I thought this made their opener visually pleasing and engaging overall. 


2. Offline

Observations: 

The opener was amazing, the simultaneity used in this opener was sustained which gave a really interesting feel to the opener. 

Contribution to my opener:

I think I am going to implement a similar opener with simultaneity.


2. Dear Lover

Observations: 

The voiceover is really interesting. It gives a very personal feel to the opener.

Contribution to my opener: 

3. Dare to Thrill

Observations: 

The introducing and title sequence was really engaging and unique
The ending leaves the viewer wanting to know the answer.

Contribution to my opener: 

I think I am going to implement the same uniqueness into my title sequence and I am also going to look into how I can leave a cliff hanger into my ending sequence.

4. Always Watching

Observations: 

The flashbacks were really interesting. 
The shot in the mirror showing the two was really creative

Contribution to my opener: 

I think using the "mirror" tactic could be useful to my documentary through showing comparisons and contrasts.

5. The Blue Boar

Observations: 

I think the adventurous tone was shown through the simultaneity between her running and the differing  

Contribution to my opener: 

I think showing interest in a particular topic with the same tactic would be interesting  

6. White Coat

Observations: 

I really liked the Dolly-shots and the panning and tilt. I thought this contributed well to the cinematic quality of the film

Contribution to my opener: 

I think using this same filming tactic would be useful. 

7. Stalker

Observations: 

The color grading was really well done

Contribution to my opener: 

I will most likely only use the color grading aspect of this opener for obvious reasons.

8. Nostalgia

Observations: 

I liked the almost explorative tone to this
The music overlaid the shots which gives a very outside-perspective on the subjects

Contribution to my opener: 

I do not think this would be well-fitted for a documentary but this may be useful in the more visual parts of my documentary


Comments